Thursday, September 6, 2012

news flash: it's gorgeous


Wow, it's been a while. I didn't have anything really new to talk about. I've been making some new friends, and I've joined Weight Watchers, but nothing really blog-worthy.

When I got here, it was "high summer", but the temps were mostly in the mid-fifties during the day, which I take it is cool even for Juneau. During the latter part of July and much of August, the temps reached the mid 60's to low 70's, but it didn't get any warmer than that (which suits me fine). As of now, it's back to mid-50's to very low 60's during the day, with mid to low 40's at night, which again suits me.

Right at the moment, our days are about as long as they are on the mainland, give or take a few minutes. I'm not sure when I'm really going to notice that we have a lot lesslight, but I'm sure I will definitely notice it. I'm not sure how much it will matter, and I do have a SAD lamp, so I should be okay.

I confess I haven't been going out a lot or doing "Alaska" things because I'm saving a lot of that stuff for when Chris and Dante move up here (although even so, they'll have to wait for summer to come again to do some of them). I've been trying to take some decent pictures, but I need to edit them. My laptop hard drive died, and I'm waiting for the replacement to come in, and then perhaps I'll post some pictures. Even a crappy day here often yields some gorgeous scenery.

I did drive "out the road" (i.e. to the end of Glacier Highway) the other day with a friend and saw some GORGEOUS views. I didn't take any pictures, though, so I will have to do it again. The road is in bad repair up towards the end (they are widening it) and so it might take me a while. But if I ever question what I'm doing here, that's a drive I can take to remind myself.

7 comments:

  1. >and I do have a SAD lamp
    I had a mental image of a lamp with a :( face painted on it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! I know, I keep meaning to actually paint that on. That's what I think of too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you take a picture of your SAD lamp too, once you paint on the frowny-face? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried to post this twice but I keep being rerouted to Blogger - I signed up in a moment of surrender. ;) I was just trying to ask you if You could take and post a picture of Your SAD lamp when you paint on the frowny-face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I will definitely post one if I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's actually Jill - but I'd so love to see that picture if you do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's actually Jill - why I didn't log myself into G+, who knows! Right now I'm using my LJ profile; I haven't done the tigerfemme thing for a while. :) And I still want to see that picture if You do that!

    ReplyDelete